Sunday, May 10, 2009

The End Is Near!


Alright I am getting down to the wire now! This picture is at 38 and 1/2 weeks pregnant and only 10 days to go! I have still been going in to the doctor everyweek for my weekly ultrasound where they measure her and whatnot. This week she was 5 lbs 2 oz, that was on wednesday. They had me come in again on friday, I guess to just keep an even closer look and she was 5 lbs 6 oz so she is growing pretty good, to my knowledge. But then the dr comes in and say's they want to induce me either monday or tuesday just to make sure she doesn't stop growing. See to me I would think since she has never stopped yet that they would just leave her in as long as she wants so she can get bigger, but I guess I'm just not as smart as the Dr's :). So I have kind of been on a constant panic attack this weekend thinking I atleast still had a week (which really isn't long either) because I still have a bunch of stuff to do. #1 The nursery is not done, but atleast she will be able to stay with us in our room. #2 We have been finishing our basement so EVERYTHING in my house has a layer of dust/paint dust and I really wanted to do a good thorough cleaning job because I didn't want her to come home with dust everywhere, I doubt that is very good. Anyway there is obviously a million things I still feel I need to do but I think that is just life. I guess I just never pictured being induced and that is scarier to me than going into labor on my own, for some reason. So if anyone has any good advice for me let me know because I am needing it!

In all the hussle and bussle I was able to do some fun things. Here is a nursing cover and matching boppy cover that I made. I saw both of these on blogs (of course) and wanted to make them! I also made a car seat cover but I still haven't gotten the car seat out. See how far behind I am!! I am gonna be the worst mom ever!! Now I know why people say you are never ready for a baby :) Well anyway I go in tomorrow (monday) morning to see if they need to admit me overnight or just come in tuesday morning to be induced. I would only need to stay overnight if I havn't started dialating yet. I have been having contractions so I'm praying I have started dilating because I really don't want to sleep in the hospital for my last night as a free person! :) Well, I'll keep everyone updated and wish me luck!

7 comments:

Whitney R said...

Oh my heavens. I can't believe your having your kid in the next two days! I want to help you. I WISH you would have called me. I would have spent this weekend helping you clean. I'm actually going to call you right now and scold you for that. Then ask if you need anything else :)

The Smaellies said...

no matter if you are induced or you go into labor, yout body has to go through process so i wouldnt worry too much. it will be fun to see her cute little face! good luck!

Robyn said...

How exciting! Dont be scared to be induced!!! I was induced with Macie and it was wonderful! I never even felt a contraction because I asked for the epidural right away! I think its the way to go! Good luck! You're boppy will be your saving grace...couldn't of survived without it! Youre going to do great! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Good Luck! I can't wait to see pictures of this new little baby girl!

Jessie Woolstenhulme said...

i got induced and i really didn't mind it. i wasn't dialated at all and it was ok. you can do it!!! i can't believe you are going to have a baby this week! i know you will do great! we wish you the best!

James and Laura Neibaur said...

Yay for Jessica! I know you have a smile even though your house is dusty. Wish I could be closer to help you out--you'll need it much more after all is said and done--do you have family to help you? I was induced with Warren and I don't think I could tell the difference between the two births as far as the processes either. Can't wait to hear everything! I love how crafty you are too!

Anonymous said...

K so you are totally going to have to teach me how to make that nursing cover, I have seen them before but have no clue where to start. As for any advice, i heard if you get induced you should get an epidural. Good luck, I'm excited to see that little girl.