Whitley is 5 months old today! I can't believe how fast it has gone! I look at her and she seems like such a big kid now, and not my little 5 lb baby anymore! Well I have been really bad at posting and the last time I posted was 2 months ago so a lot has happened since then! For a quick update on Whitley, at her 4 month appointment she weighed 12 lbs 3 oz and was 23 inches long. She is up to the 19th percentile in weight! We started her on rice cereal (pic below) and she is a great eater! She now has also eaten bananas, applesauce, pears and sweet potatoes. We had the video camera out and everything for those classic disgusted faces but she just dug right in and hasn't stopped since! Some other interesting facts about Whitley Maye are:
-She is rolling over both directions from her stomach
-She LOVES my cells phone and will stare at it for ever!
-She is getting very good at using her hands and picking up stuff and sticking everything in her mouth.
-She is still through and through a Daddy's girl!
-She has been sleeping through the night for 3 months now!
-She loves watching movies, not her baby movies, our big people movies and our tv shows.
-She talks herself to sleep (it's so cute listening to her outside her door)
-Her favorite thing is to sit in her bumbo. Especially on the counter when we are eating cuz we think she feels like she is a big person too. She will even just sit in her bumbo while I teach violin lessons and not even make a peep! (Oh ya I started teaching violin lessons again)
The last weekend in September we all went to Colorado to visit my family because my twin brothers just got off their missions. It was her first big road trip and she did great. Well we drove through the night so she just slept. But it was so fun to go to Colorado with her! We did some really good outlet shopping, went to an amazing Italian restaurant, and just have fun with my family. The picture below is of my Dad's parents. This was their first time meeting Whitley and Whitley's first time meeting her Great Grammie Jo and Papa Bear!
So Whitley is a really great baby! She is always happy and smiling, except for when she lets her sassy little attitude out! Anyway, she is always smiling but as soon as the camera gets in front of her face she just stares at it, so these are the only smiles I have been able to catch on camera! I guess we will need to do some more camera training with this girl!


Other than just staying busy with the in's and out's of every day life, there is not much else going on here. I am loving fall and all the smells, and food and decorations that come with it, but the multiple days of snow we have had already I'm not exactly loving yet. Well I'll try to be better with updating the blog with all the fun holidays coming up!
4 comments:
She is so stinking cute! I can't believe how fast they grow. She really seems to be a good baby.
she is such little cutie!! she is growing up like crazy!
I am so glad you post!!! I love her she is so cute! I love the one in the bumbo that is a clever way of giving her a bath! I will have to try that sometime!
the last time we saw her she was just a little thing! she is so cute!
Post a Comment